Re: [LUG] How much RAM

Rob Beard wrote:
> I'd recommend OCZ, Crucial or Kingston memory.  Don't touch the eBuyer
> value memory, as we used to say at eBuyer - it's crap memory!

Absolutely.  Some things you can get away with a cheap route... memory
you *can't*.  My desktop is currently running with an OCZ 1Gb kit (2 x
512Mb).  Another reason to choose pairs is that you can make use of the
dual channel capabilities of the motherboard.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dual-channel_architecture

Assuming your motherboard has dual channel capabilities, 2 x 512Mb runs
quicker than 1 x 1Gb.  Crucial also provide a downloadable .exe for
Windows users that examines the current system and tells you what memory
to buy for it.  It would be nice if they did a Linux variant.  Failing
that Rob's suggestion is your best bet.

Kind regards,

Julian