Re: [LUG] How much RAM

On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 08:54:22 +0000
Neil Winchurst wrote:

> I can find out lots of info about my computer such as details about
> the processor. However I can't seem to see any details about the RAM I
> have. Is there a simple way to find that please? (Kubuntu Edgy).
>
> I know that I have 512mb of RAM, but I don't know what type etc. The
> reason I am asking is that I am thinking of adding another GIG. Is
> there any anything to watch out for please?
>
> Neil Winchurst

LSHW will do the job.  I just ran it on my Ubuntu 7.10 as follows:

$ sudo lshw | less

[lots snipped]
     *-memory:0
          physical id: 27
          slot: System board or motherboard
        *-bank:0
             product: NT256D64S88C0G-5T
             vendor: JEDEC ID:7F 7F 7F 0B 00 00 00 00
             physical id: 0
             serial: 81226D89
             slot: DIMM1
             size: 256MB
             width: 64 bits
             clock: 400MHz (2.5ns)
        *-bank:1
             product: NT256D64S88C0G-5T
             vendor: JEDEC ID:7F 7F 7F 0B 00 00 00 00
             physical id: 1
             serial: 85226CC4
             slot: DIMM2
             size: 256MB
             width: 64 bits
             clock: 400MHz (2.5ns)
        *-bank:2
             product: NT256D64S88C0G-5T
             vendor: JEDEC ID:7F 7F 7F 0B 00 00 00 00
             physical id: 2
             serial: 81227089
             slot: DIMM3
             size: 256MB
             width: 64 bits
             clock: 400MHz (2.5ns)
        *-bank:3
             product: NT256D64S88C0G-5T
             vendor: JEDEC ID:7F 7F 7F 0B 00 00 00 00
             physical id: 3
             serial: 83226E1D
             slot: DIMM4
             size: 256MB