Re: [LUG] OT: Apple's new router

Quoting Richard Brown <rich@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Hi Guys
>
> I have just seen this on the Apple site and it looks brilliant.
> <http://www.apple.com/uk/timecapsule/>
> I know it is not Linux which is why I changed the subject line but it
> works for me in everything it provides. What modem would folks
> recommend hooking it up to please?
>
> Thanks.

It looks to me like it's a 802.11n wireless access point with a hard
drive built in rather than a router, so chances are you'd probably
need either an ADSL Router or Cable Router.

I would have thought any standard ADSL/Cable router with an ethernet
connection would work.  I bet though it's an expensive piece of kit.
Do you actually have a Mac running OS X Leopard?  If not then you
might find a simple network attached external hard drive plugged into
a wireless router would be a cheaper and more versatile.

I must admit though, looks like a nice bit of kit.

Rob