Re: [LUG] Routers

Richard Brown wrote:
> Hi Guys
>
> All this talk of routers makes me ask the question what one? I am
> currently running a bt wireless router. And then moving the signal
> upstairs with the use of a Devolo through the elec cables system. But
> it is very hit and miss at times with connections being dropped. I
> don't live in a large house but it is Cornish and whilst one or two of
> the walls are thick - they're not that thick.
>
> What I want is a router that can do port forwarding and wireless. Any
> ideas on what to go for? Is it worth going n standard with g etc
> although I don't have an n standard wireless system it might be
> something to build in for future use.
>
> Thanks

Are there any other wireless networks in the area?  I found that due to
a whole load of wireless networks being on the same channel in my street
my network wasn't performing very well.  Might be worth trying to change
the channel first.

If you do get another router you might want to look at the 108Mbit
routers which supposidly have much better signal range.

Rob