Re: [LUG] Windows, BBC iPlayer & FairUse4WM

Chris Smith wrote:
> Simon Robert wrote:
>> Is this a "security" enhancement to try and prevent people doing what
>> I'm doing? Or is it some sort of bug unique to my set-up?
>
> If its a bug I doubt it will be fixed because of its nice
> anti-anti-DRMiness or it could just be a "feature" of XP for the same
> reason.
>
> Chris

just to add; when I get the error message I'm asked if I would like to
send the results to MS. The system doesn't actually freeze until after I
enter a response. Also when I installed the iPlayer I was asked to
download various updates including upgrading iexplorer to v7. This
didn't happen when I installed the iPlayer for my mother, so I'm
wondering if something was detected during the install. XP doesn't
freeze if the BBC download has been removed and only the DRM stripped
file is there. Weird....

--
Simon Robert
www.oldhouse-cottage.co.uk