Re: [LUG] Photography: Gimp classes

David Wright wrote:
> I am/have been trying learn to use GIMP properly but still cant. I have
> been using it on and off since 1997 or so and still dont know how to use
> it. To be honest I don't like it and I don't think I really ever have but
> as a long term Linux user and free software advocate I have obliged to
> stick by it. Try reading a tutorial on a browser then flick back to the
> hundreds of gimp windows. Alright I know you can dock them but not into
> one window.

I have used gimp to reduce the size of images and add different effects
to the photo,  (borders etc, plus border a border that blends the sides
to the background colour,  so it looks part of the page.

as for other effects such as layers I am not quite that advanced in
anything yet.   It would be useful to learn in gimp, but more
importantly learn what all that means,  by doing and watching, with
worked examples.   kinesetic learning is more effective sometimes.

Paul