Re: [LUG] PCLinuxOS Was: Some small linux's briefly reviewed

CHRISTOPHER BERRY wrote:
> Do let us know how you get on with KED 4 - I've been awfully tempted BUT
> really need to know that it's stable.
> Grandad Bee.

Well so far after about an hours playing around with it, it seems stable
but it's missing a whole load of the usual KDE applications.  I'm not
sure if this is because they haven't been converted to KDE4 yet so
there's a fair bit of picking things out in Synaptic (or using apt-get).
  That might just be the version I installed though which I think is
aimed at just demonstrating the new look of KDE4.

When the next release of Kubuntu, PCLinuxOS, Fedora etc is out it will
no doubt feature KDE4 in a more polished and ready to use state.

I'd certainly say it's going better than the Ubuntu 8.04 Alpha 3 upgrade
which I did over Ubuntu 7.10 which appears to have a few random crashes.
  Still I'm planning on a reinstall of the OS in the next week or so
anyway (hence trying out KDE4 on a spare drive).

Rob