Re: [LUG] 3 Mobile broadband

Rob Beard wrote:
> I see that 3 are now offering mobile broadband to Pay As You Go
> customers.  It is £10 a month for 1GB allowance.  Although it's not as
> attractive as home broadband, it certainly would be useful for anyone
> who has a laptop (or EeePC) and wants to check e-mail, do basic web
> browsing whilst away from home.
>
> Thing is, no doubt it will only officially support Windows and maybe Mac
> (I haven't checked this out so I'm guessing on this).  Does anyone know
> if these modems will work on Linux?

Wow. I've wanted mobile internet for ages, but they all charge crazy
money for very limited usage.

This appears to be 3's own network, rather than GPRS or any other
standard, which is dubious. Also, the coverage isn't great, especially
down here:

http://www.three.co.uk/personal/products_services_/mobile_broadband_/rollout_map.omp