Re: [LUG] I can't believe it!

Keith Abraham wrote:
> David Bell wrote:
>> On Thursday 13 December 2007 15:53, Keith Abraham wrote:
>>

>>> By the way I knew a gnu was a form of wildebest when I was in secondary
>>> school about 50 years ago.
>>>
>> Keith - "Fings Ain't What They Used To Be"
>>

> Talking of gnus who remembers Jeff "Yak" Minter and those fabulous
> games of his ie. Llamatron, Attack of the Mutant Camels etc. Hours of
> innocent fun and a big smiling Yak!

I do remember Jeff Minter although I never
got to play any of his games.  He used to
write a column at the back of ST Format
magazine, or was it the other ST mag?  Can't
remember now.  It was one of the two... :)

I remember he once proposed that games programmers
must first learn to write a playable game in less
than 1k of memory before they are allowed to
write for games sold to the public. :)

As for Gnu's (the animal) I can't believe some one
educated enough to be a regular poster on this list
hadn't hurd(*) of them!

And I'm not old enough to know the song, although
I did find a version on YouTube sung by the Muppets...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0JH0ZzjefE&feature=related

Anton

(*) Sorry, I had to do it.