Re: [LUG] RealPlayer10 for Linux

On 04/12/2007, Roger Bowden <creekfella@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I may be duplicating my thanks to Mike and Darren for their advice - I am
> not sure if I sent a reply or deleted it!  had a senior moment there!!!
> Anyway, I will use VLC as suggested.
> Thanks again
> Roger

> websites
> > >>
> http://www.real.com/realcom/R?href=http%3A%2F%2Fforms%2Ereal%2Ecom%2Freal%2Fplayer%2Fdownload%2Ehtml%3F
> >
> > Hi Roger,
> >
> > Can i recommend VLC Player. So far i have not found anything it cant play
> > and it simply works out of the box. very easy to set up and very very
> good.
> >
> > http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
> >
> > Works with most flavours of linux, windows and mac :-)
> >
> > --
> > Darren Foster
> > The Computer Geek!
> > www.darrenfoster.co.uk
> > darren@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > 07881 805523

> > Thank me here :-
> http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/registry/wishlist/3UV16BF5MTAS6
> >
> > This email is intended for the recipient only. If you receive this in
> error
> > please delete from your system and notify us accordingly. Our messages are
> > scanned for viruses but we accept no liability for any viruses which may
> be
> > transmitted with this message.

cant be beat, esp if you just want to view everything using only open-source
(BTW you cant do this with mplayer - you need win32 codecs)

one piece of advice vlc depends heavily on ffmpeg, so if you follow
dev of that you may need to build a statically linked version of vlc

But of course if you dont there is no issue