Re: [LUG] OT: Flat screen monitors (Staples)

On Saturday 01 December 2007 08:17, viv wrote:

> It is a good price but, doesn't include VAT. I wish there was a law to
> make all retailers include VAT in their prices.
But then VAT registered companies dont pay the VAT so that is the 'real price'
for them.
Anyone got a boat so we can nip over to the states and get everything half
price?
On a more serious note - do you think it might be worth trying to create a
'cooperative' importers club or something.
I bet we could import 12 of those monitors from the US, pay all the necessary
taxes etc and still get 10 at 2/3 the current UK price and have a couple left
over for spares in case of breakdown.
Tom te tom te tom