Re: [LUG] Python OOP

On Nov 29, 2007 4:02 PM, Neil Winchurst <neil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Does anyone have any favourite books, web sites etc which I might try
> to get my head round this please? There must be one out there somewhere
> which will cause it all to suddenly 'click'. (Or perhaps I am past
> hope.)

My 'click' with both Python and OOP came when I read "Learning Python"
by Mark Lutz and David Ascher. Not sure if you tried that one, but I
thought it was pretty good.

Shame I never really found a good reason to use the language, as I
quite like it. The bloke who wrote the language now works for Google,
who use the language in some of their applications, so at least the
language is quite likely to survive for a while.

Btw, you might be able to find the book for literally almost nothing
-£0.01 plus postage- second hand on Amazon. Unless you're really
interested in using the latest libraries, for a general introduction
you can do with a version that's a view years old.

Martijn.