Re: [LUG] Identity theft (continuing topic)

On Wed, Nov 28, 2007 at 08:01:46AM +0000, Tom Potts wrote:
> Also this infomation should be available to you for free - surely under
> current data protection legislation you have a right to ask what information
> they hold on you.

Wishful thinking! :D See www.ico.gov.uk for the exemptions and details

I believe under the Freedom of Information Act, people are allowed to set a
reasonable charge for providing the data. In the case of the credit agencies this
has been set at £2

http://www.ico.gov.uk/Home/for_the_public/topic_specific_guides/credit.aspx

If however you go to the credit agencies main sites, the Statutory Credit Reports
are not obvious. You have to search. What is obvious however are the more expensive
reports.

--
Henry
Wed Nov 28 08:45:35 GMT 2007