Re: [LUG] OD Foundation dissolves

On Tuesday 20 November 2007 17:42, james kilty wrote:
> http://www.betanews.com/article/OpenDocument_Foundation_Dissolves_Leaving_P
>rojects_in_Disarray/1195074789 Comments anyone?
> --
> james kilty
> http://www.kilty.demon.co.uk

I don't know if many of you remember vapour ware. It was a technique designed
to blow competition out of the water by pretending you had something to do a
particular task and thus stop competitors developing it. It tends not to work
so well with OS as so many write things because they want to.
I'm not sure the ODFoundation had anything to do with the Open Document Format
other than basking in its glory.  The foundations gone, but the format
remains - I wonder what sort of jobs these guys will have soon and with whom!
Tom te tom te tom