Re: [LUG] Asus Eeeeeeeeee review

Terry Hill wrote:
> On 17/11/2007, Terry Hill <telbonic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On 17/11/2007, Tom Potts <tompotts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2007/11/16/review_asus_eee_pc/
>>> Tom te tom te tom
>> Anyone know if the wireless chipset supports promiscuous mode?
>>

> Actually, forget that, it's Atheros.  Bet the folks over at remote
> exploit will have a field day with it...well until the battery runs
> out.

The suspend power drain issue was well-known with thinkpads and was
fixed long ago IIRC. Can't remember what the problem was, but it
shouldn't be hard to fix on the Eee, once some kernel developers get
their hands on one.

4 hours is pretty good for a standard battery by current standards,
though I agree they should have done better. Is it possible to get
physically larger, extended batteries for this like it is for most other
laptops?

If the power issues are fixed I will probably buy one