Re: [LUG] OT: VMS 30 today

On Nov 8, 2007 7:49 AM, Tom Potts <tompotts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wednesday 07 November 2007 18:06, Rob Beard wrote:
> >> yours if you want it,  along with a case, and the mentioned 286 or 386.
> > >
> > > If it is a 286 I may be able to dig out a set of Xenix discs for it!
> > > Tom te tom te tom
> >
> > Xenix?  Wasn't that Microsoft's flavour of Unix?
> I think these were from the company that bought it up - Santa Clause Operation
> or something before they turned to the really dark side
> Tom te tom te tom

No, Microsoft sold Xenix when they went on to develop OS/2.

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenix

I worked on a Xenix based system once in the dim and distant. It had
an editor called wav that crashed if you as much as looked at the
right hand side of the screen. It was not an experience to cherish.
Luckily we soon went on to Unix and the joys of vi.

--
Martinus Scriblerus scripsit ex 50º 21' N, 4º41' W