Re: [LUG] Better ways than Flash

if they're making pages in dreamweaver then i presume these ebooks are
web pages? the only thing that springs to my mind as an alternative to
swf for embedding in a web page is java. According to wikipedia "As of
May 2007, in compliance with the specifications of the Java Community
Process, Sun made available most of their Java technologies as free
software under the GNU General Public License." so maybe that ticks
the boxes? To be honest, I'm not a fan of either option.

If they're to be using openoffice to make slides, then normal html and
images would be good enough for most people wouldn't it?