Re: [LUG] Sue Microsoft!!

Jaan Jänesmäe wrote:

>     > I had to pay out to them for a PC when I didn't want their
>     product on it. I
>     > want money back for the several billion tax payers money too
>     much thats been
>     > spent on government IT projects.
>     > etc etc
>

> this reminded me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0gRgls2eYc

I am not sure how much a class action law suit (|if that is what your
suggesting )would cost but I think the money would be better spent on
free software,   so developers can continue to be paid,   and issues
persued in courts, and lobbying goverment regarding patents,   I think
neil would agree here we would be better off all writing to our MP's
about software patents,  and the 30p stamp (or what ever it costs these
days),  will be far better spent,

a law  suit may not work,   we will end up spending billions of tax
payers money on this which could pay for hardware or even be used to get
companies like Nvidia to support Linux better.  and push OSS far more up
their agenda,

doing that will cost microsoft far far more than any lawsuit payout will
ever do. Look at the EU fine,  thats pittance to them,  its like fining
a footballer less than they earn a second just to kick a ball around,
pointless,  they will just carry on regardless.

Lets put our money into hiring a decent venue,  and get the word out,
print a few nice reports about MS not playing by the rules (e.g debacle
on their open xml format, bribes etc),  let people read that,

Paul

--

Support open file formats use ISO 26300 Open Document format
as used by openoffice.org,  http:///www.openoffice.org

Events

20th September (thurs) 2007 - Lug meet,  Half Moon Pub, torquay road, Paignton,  @
7:30
20th October 2007 - Lug clustering meeting.
18th October 2007 - Ubuntu 7.10 release date
28th October - Penzance Computers meet
11th November. Penzance Computers meet

details on lug site, www.dcglug.org.uk under meetings.

visit us on IRC - irc.phractured.net / 6667 #dclug