Re: [LUG] no bundling windows with pc's!!!

Simon Waters wrote:
> OEM windows isn't 150GBP, because the manufacturer provides support, and
> media etc. Indeed almost no one pays list price, that is just psychology
> to make you feel it is worth a lot, and that you got a good deal when
> you paid a fraction of that.
My point about the pricing is that it wouldn't necessarily *be* the OEM
version being sold.  If the OSs are on the shelf there is no guarantee
someone won't just walk in and buy one on its' own thereby breaching the
OEM agreement with M$.  If (in the PCW xampl) you go to their Tech Guys
and say 'Please put Windows on this PC for me' then yes it is almost
certainly going to be OEM.  Not necessarily if you buy it off the shelf
on its' own.  It could be either.

All I am saying though is that side by side on a shelf Linux will be
cheaper for a product of the same release date, regardless of specific
costs.

Kind regards,

Julian