Re: [LUG] resume of plans and to do's for Penzance meetings

Quoting Viv <viv.griffin@xxxxxxxxx>:

> I have also installed the Beta version of Linux Mint 3.1 (VMWare). I
> have had a quick look and am very impressed so far. I think the new
> version of Mint seems very stable and really easy to use. It may just be
> ideal for people trying out Linux for the first time (once the release
> version is ready). However, maybe we shouldn't show people a Beta
> version ? What do you think ?

We could show visitors Mint, although I'm not sure about newbies using
Beta software.  There is always that risk that it could screw their PC
up.

I've sent a quick e-mail to my contact at Westcountry.  She's a
researcher on that Bite Back show which is the new ITV consumer show.
If someone can some up with a news angle they may be interested.

I'll also try and get onto Edgey @ Atlantic.

Rob