Re: [LUG] Remote software installation

On 9/14/07, James Fidell <james@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Anyone aware of a tool that will allow me to, for example, install one
> or more updates on a Linux system across a network of, say, one hundred
> machines?

An idea...

With Debian anyway could you not have a central apt repository server
that contains a mirror of the debian packages you want and have
approved, then let each system cron-apt  update from your mirror. Then
you just update your mirror each time to push out the updates.

May be would be nice to have all the machine email you the results
(also possible with the auto apts) and just parse the results for
errors

Robin