Re: [LUG] metal recycling (silver from cd roms)

On Friday 07 September 2007 00:15, Adrian Midgley wrote:
> I use them as reflectors behind plants in the early growing season.
>
> Unsure if it works though.
I was collecting old ones to stick to a golf umbrella to make a solar oven.
This may not be very efficient but should provide more than enough heat to
burn any copies of Richard Burton narration of 'Under Milkwood' which is to
my mind is as valuable to art as englands passing is to rugby.

Another use for CD's is strung up as bird scarers - which does work a bit.
The metal in them is less than microns thick - if there is any recycle value I
would imagine it would be for the plastic itself.
Tom te tom te tom