[LUG] Debian unstable and gnucash

Caution:

If you are using gnucash on Debian unstable (sid), do NOT allow g-wrap
to upgrade in the normal 'apt-get upgrade' from today's update.

g-wrap 1.9.9 breaks gnucash and there is no fix available right now.

The solution is to add this content to /etc/apt/preferences:

Package: g-wrap
Pin: version 1.9.6-3.2
Pin-Priority: 1001

Package: guile-g-wrap
Pin: version 1.9.6-3.2
Pin-Priority: 1001

(You'll need sudo to create or edit that file).

I have filed a bug against g-wrap and I'm preparing a bug report
against gnucash so that this issue will not affect users of Debian
testing (Lenny).

If you have g-wrap 1.9.9 installed, you will need to downgrade to the
version in testing (Lenny). Any other packages from the g-wrap source
package must also be downgraded - these are guile-g-wrap,
libgwrap-runtime-dev and libgwrap-runtime2. The testing versions
provide guile-g-wrap, libgwrap-runtime0-dev and libgwrap-runtime0.

--

Neil Williams