Re: [LUG] McAfee

Ben Goodger wrote:
On 06/09/07, martin.gautier@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <martin.gautier@xxxxxxxxxxxxx > wrote:
I think what concerns me most about these small footprint, free offerings
is where the revenue comes from to fund good quality and timely Virus
patches. Not so much a problem for AVG (since they have a stream from
business users) but ClamWin and Comodo has me scratching my head...

Not sure about Comodo, but ClamAV is an open-source project. It theoretically doesn't need funding. But you'll probably find that NASA or someone similar have been sponsoring it to save themselves billions in licensing costs...
Avast Anti Virus is also a good free AV app. The pro version is paid for, the home/non commercial one is free. Also has a command line version for linux. www.avast.com
--
Simon Robert
www.oldhouse-cottage.co.uk