Re: [LUG] PENZANCE DAYS 28 OCT AND 11 nNV

On Mon, 2007-09-03 at 23:07 +0100, Mark Jose wrote:

> Go on then - put me down.
Great.
>  Is there convenient parking and a map of where PZ
> computers is in Penzance James?
Avoid the "High St" called Market Jew St, where Penzance Computers shop
is. There is a road called Bread St running parallel with it with single
yellow lines. Otherwise the main car park is between the railway station
and the port - huge and close.

I seem to run the belief that parking should be free, so I'll either
park before the town centre or in Bread St. It is Sunday after all.

Follow the main road into Penzance, past the station and turn left
following the one way system. The road is marked for the car park which
you will see immediately. Walk back to the circular system and go inland
turning left into Marker Jew St. Cross over asap and continue until
looking right up an alley, you will see the ecafe, almost opposite
Penzance Computers shop.
> What are we looking at bringing - it is a while since the original posts on
> this great idea and I can't remember what sort of thing we are going to be
> doing. I shall bring my laptop (dual boot - Kubuntu 6.06 and 7.04, but no
> Windows).
That would be good. It would demonstrate dual booting Linux only and be
able to show the difference between versions if there is time.
>  If someone had a Windows box, it may be worth bringing that along
> and installing a VM on Windows with Linux running on that to demonstrate that
> you don't *have* to delete Windows or set up a dual boot to try Linux out.
I have a dual XP/U7.04.
> few live disks of course also help to demonstrate that.
Explain please.

Thanks
--
James Kilty