Re: [LUG] OT - conspiracy theories - was facebook group

On Sunday 02 September 2007 18:23, Julian Hall wrote:
> Tom Potts wrote:
> > I am not denying the existence of false flag attacks and would admit that
> > the US would happily use them as an excuse to cause trouble. However the
> > US would never be so stupid to attempt one of this complexity - too many
> > things to go wrong, too many loose ends to try and tie up.
>
> JFK?  Does lightning strike twice?
>
> > They may even have
> > (accidentally) funded it by a back door somewhere but they didn't
> > organise it. The US is run by big money - it wouldn't try and kill
> > itself.
>
> Halliburton - who has made a mint off the US involvement in Iraq, and
> who owns shares?

You forget the market is basically pyramid selling - it needs to 'grow' to
work. It very nearly collapsed ~ 1920's. When it does collapse people like
Halliburton loose completely as their true net worth is essentially purely
imaginary. cf the US and world markets now - a couple of people default on
their mortgages and now the government is having to use taxes to support the
financial vapourware that is the market. Deflation is the scariest thing you
can say to a monetarist.
If the 'US' wanted had wanted to create an excuse to attack Iraq there were
many things they could have done to raise popular ire without risking
destroying themselves in the process. The money owns the press and can
mountain a molehill easily.
The fact Halliburton made a fortune out of Iraq only means that they were in a
position to exploit the situation that someone  intent on bringing down US
gave to them on a plate.
It was a good day to bury any integrity and follow the aims of PNAC.
Tom te tom te tom