Re: [LUG] DIY supercomputer

> Hi All
>
> On 31/08/2007, Jonathan Roberts <jonathan.roberts.uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>> Count me in :D
>>
>> Jon
>> > I'm up for it.. mini lug meet in Lostwithiel ??
>> >

> Ok we have a phone in the youth club and so I will arrange for
> broadband to be connected. In the meantime I will also try to get hold
> of the computers. I'll need to get some sort of router to connect them
> together.... any ideas what please? I'll have a netgear ng834g for the
> internet.
>
> Do I need to do something to the computers in advance of us meeting?
> Load Linux etc.
>
> I'm thinking end of September gives us a good chance to get things in
> place - maybe middle of October. Any dates to be avoided? Evenings or
> weekend better?

For various reason I feel a weekend would be better... it gives more time
available, and more people will be available to assist..

20 PC's you say.. you will need a network switch to take all of them, plus
a few more terminals (24 port at least), also enough power leads.. a
number of keyboards and perhaps a few monitors (I have a few spare here I
can donate to the cause(keyboards and monitors)) to get things up and
running..

Do you know if the network cards have PXE boot facilities ?? if so this
will save lots of leg work, if not I am sure there are ways around it..

As for dates, last week in Sept and first week in Oct are not good for me,
however a weekend during that time might be feasable...

erm... apart from that, a crate of coke can be provided by me.. is the
youth club the building next to the car park ?