Re: [LUG] Compaq laptop

On Aug 26, 2007, Neil Winchurst was like:

> Can anyone help please? The Compaq is about three years old

I have a Compaq Armada E500 I bought ages ago. It has 128MB RAM which
meant that when I tried to install Ubuntu from a live CD it just went
to sleep.  I installed it ok from the alternate CD. A net install
would work too. If there is not much memory you might consider not
running KDE, eg run Ubuntu with fvwm or icewm. The Compaq is a nice
machine apart from a broken on-off switch. If you need a wireless
adapter the Netgear WG511T is ok (well, it is with Damn Small Linux).

Tony Sumner