Re: [LUG] Exeter Hospital Radio Fun Day

Quoting Julian Hall <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> I may try the utility Rob mentioned to build my own custom Ubuntu ISO.
> However I shouldn't have to as this function is built into other distros.

Using Reconstructor you should be able to add and remove appliactions
as you wish.  The only issue is that you may find you have to burn the
ISO to DVD.

I guess the Ubuntu way is aimed at making the install easier.  I
oftern found with installs such as Fedora or Mandriva it gave me the
option to install absolutely loads of stuff I didn't really want/need.
  I personally like the way Ubuntu does things as anything I want on
top of a default install I will add afterwards.  What does get me
though is the fact that I can't seem to remove Evolution without it
trying to remove Gnome as well!

Rob