Re: [LUG] list is quiet

Yes! So ......
For those interested - I reported that I could not get Kpackage to work a few days ago - I have found out, via forums, that for many users it will only work as 'a user' and not as root!! Hence as root I couldn't install, but on entering as 'Chris' at startup I could use Kpackage AND with no need of a password!!!
At the moment I am running a dual boot Pclos & Ubuntu 7.04 and there is no doubt in my mind that Pclos is far friendlier for an ordinary body, like me, to use!!
Sincerely,
Chris.

Paul Sutton <zleap@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi

list has gone quiet, anyone around,

Paul

--

Support open file formats use ISO 26300 Open Document format
as used by openoffice.org, http:///www.openoffice.org