Re: [LUG] Linux sub-notebook

Mark Jose wrote:
> Doubtless many will already know about the Asus eeePC, but if not -
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ASUS_Eee_PC
>
> is the wikipedia page about it - there are other links at the bottom, plus the
> Asus homepage (UK section) has a piece on the announcement.
> Yes, it runs Linux - seems to be a Xandros variant - which is Debian based so
> there should be some good opportunities there for adding plenty of goodies.
> Apart from the storage space and small screen, these seem to be a really good
> little tool. The storage issue isn't really a problem anyway - they have 4
> USB ports so adding USB storage should be easy enough.
> Looking forward to seeing how much they will be in the UK - I have seen
> mention of £200 or more several times which is a little unfair when the US
> price is likely to be $200 (which is currently £100). Even allowing for VAT,
> it should run out at less than 120 quid - but nothing ever seems to work
> quite that way does it!
>
> Mark

Ooh, I want one.  I have my work laptop but having something small like
this would be great for those times I don't want to lug a 15" laptop around.

I wouldn't be surprised after it's release the price will start to come
down a little, especially from places like Dabs and eBuyer.

I also wouldn't be surprised if we started seeing these bundled with
broadband or mobile connections.

Rob