Re: [LUG] Small Magazine

Neil Stone wrote:

> Right tool for the job is whats needed.. Why people insert a jpeg image in
> a word file and send it that way i'll never know.. just send the .jpg file
> damnit.. </rant>

Or in my case, some of the users I support just take a screen print (or
BMP file) paste it in Word and then e-mail it out to me.

Worse offender though sent out a 27MB Powerpoint presentation to the
whole of one site.  The problem with this is the mail server is located
in Bristol so that was 27MB going up the WAN and then down the WAN
(which is 2MBit) to about 30 users.

I've lost count of how many times I've told them to put the files on the
local file server and just e-mail the location of the server.

Rob