Re: [LUG] running windows programs in Linux

Quoting Paul Sutton <zleap@xxxxxxxxx>:

> Rob Beard wrote:

> Just had a look and can't find where  windows XP has hidden the exe file
> for wordpad.exe (or what ever the exe file is actually called) however
> It should work,.

Not sure off the top of my head, I'll have a look in a minute.  (Just
booted up into Ubuntu for 5 minutes to try something).

> what exactly is rtf,  is this text format,  but with the CR / LF
> handelled differently,

It is Rich Text Format.  I'm not sure if it is exclusive to Microsoft
or what but I remember it from the early days of Windows.

 From what I understand it is text but with formatting commands for
fonts and different styles.  I am pretty certain it supports embedded
images too.

You can find out more about it here... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rtf

(actually, reading that wiki page a bit I see it was developed my
Microsoft and DEC).

Rob