Re: [LUG] Mounting a "Mp3" player through a MSC or MTP mode to debian

On Friday 06 July 2007 16:59, Henry Bremridge wrote:
> I am getting (finally) a trekstor vibez, and was wondering how I mount it
> to my debian box
>
> http://www.trekstor.de/en/products/detail_mp3.php?pid=66&page=3
>
> The thing runs
> - Ogg
> - Is supported by Linux from kernel 2.4
>
> The only stuff shown is "Supported USB modes MSC, MTP"
>
> How do I mount the thing?
>
> - install mtp? and run a command like mtp-detect?
> - or run a command like "mount -t vfat /dev/sd? /mnt/mp3"?
> - run gnomad2?
try
mkdir mnt/mp3
mount /dev/sd? /mnt/mp3

which works for my camera (s/mp3/camera/) - I dont think USB devices have disk
formats as understand them - most devices I plug into a Linux box work as is
- its only when you move to windoze you seem to need drivers and proprietary
applications and pop up windows for software I cant afford and wouldnt buy
and god its been a long week...
Tom te tom te tom