Re: [LUG] a nice question

On 6/27/07, Kevin Lucas <kevin.lucas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Doesn't the "&" after the script command let it run in the background?
>   ie  heavy_and_not_urgent_script.pl &

Erm, yes, it does. My use of "in the background" was rather
unfortunate. I didn't mean: run the program but give back the command
line immediately. I meant: run as quietly as possible, only using
resources that wouldn't have been used otherwise, not getting in the
way of other programs.

Thanks.

Martijn.