Re: [LUG] What a vista & more

On 6/2/07, Simon Williams <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The amount of network cards I have that even WinXP Pro does not pick up
but Linux does is unbelievable. The most annoying one has to be the
integrated one on my new PC. After installing windows and finding that I
had to get drivers for my network card I promptly rebooted into Linux
and forgot about it- until today when I wanted to play a game. The
problem was that I had left getting the driver so long that my 30 day
activation period had run out.

This is annoying for me as well: Linux supports everything on my system out-of-box, but Windows demands a total of six driver discs and twenty minutes' copying in order to use its network card, and still doesn't work with my Firewire PCI thingummy..

--
Ben Goodger

"If you are not the named recipient of this email, you are not permitted to have received it."