Re: [LUG] Locale settings

On Sunday 27 May 2007 20:02, Neil Williams wrote:
> On Sun, 27 May 2007 18:03:59 +0100
>
> Neil Winchurst <neil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I presume I am using kdm. I work with KDE all the time. I am using
> > Kubuntu Edgy. When I reach the log in stage I have to enter my user
> > name and password and enter. There is a little menu but language is
> > not one of the choices.
>
> So what are the options? It's there somewhere, I just use gdm.
>
> Try altering the theme too - under gdm different themes have different
> option menus.

Start menu > System Settings> Regional & Accessability.
You need to edit two different things to set up both GUI and Konsole to run in
English.
In Country/Region & Language, you need to have one entry - British English. So
if you have US or anything else, add UK then remove US.

The most likely problem for you is in Keyboard Layout.
Tick Enable keyboard layouts and add UK. Then remove US. Mine is set to
generic 104 key keyboard, but yours may differ. Apply settings.

That should set your system to use UK settings. Restart X to set them and when
you log back in, open a Konsole. Check that you can now find the keys in the
correct places!

Mark