Re: [LUG] Thunderbird and dates

On Fri, 18 May 2007 12:41:54 +0100
Simon Waters <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Neil Winchurst wrote:
> > I have been trying out thunderbird for a while now. Mostly it is OK,
> > but I cannot find any way to change the date display in the various
> > folders. I am fed up with the American version.
> >
> > I can't find anything to help in Preferences. Can anyone help please?
> > If not then I will stop using it.
>
> Mine are fine.
>
> You sure it is Thunderbird, and not something in the environment that is
> defaulting to the US format that it is picking up?
>
> Open a terminal window and type "locale", what is LC_TIME set to?

I have done that and everything is set to en_US.UTF-8. So I went to
system settings --> regional and language where the 'country or region'
under locale was showing 'Default'. I have changed that to United
Kingdom. I had previously set up all the other choices (money, dates
etc) to how I wanted them so I had never noticed this bit before.

I have closed down the computer and restarted but locale still shows as
before. What do I have to do to make it accept my changes?

Thanks

Neil Winchurst