Re: [LUG] brctl & startup

> Be curious to see how much data, and how quickly you can store it.
> Looking at stuff here, it is relatively easy to store stuff to disk
> faster than it crosses the network, but the disk used to log stuff would
> fill up fairly fast, so we'd probably only be able to store a few days
> worth, and then there is efficient access to it....

The capture side reports a zero drop rate running on an 800mhz geode
box, i've tried things like playing movies, downloading largish
(640+mb) files from quick servers and the throughput seems reasonable.
  Having said that, I need to see what happens when the captures
switch (write out).cap files (i'm saving 1mb chunks, lots of them,
fifo for when the space fills up) - i'd bet there will be lost packets
there if anywhere.

Of course, I havn't tried copying files locally across it yet as it's
not really intended to capture this kind of traffic.  Bet it drops
packets like mad there.

As for access, in the end im planning to lose one of the interfaces
and run a small apache/php/dhcp server over it for a web based admin
interface that a lappy can plug directly into - i've got a few funky
interface ideas here but im not sure my skills are up to it.  At the
end of the day this is for personal pleasure rather than anything, but
if I ever get to the stage where what's in my head ends up in reality
(who knows!) i'll release it as a system for others to play with.