Re: [LUG] HTML and tabs

On Thu, 03 May 2007 19:32:11 +0100
Julian Hall <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Martijn wrote:
> > target="_blank" really chooses a new window/tab for each click.
> >
> Actually no, I just tried it with the code I posted and Firefox opened a
> new separate tab for every click with just target="new" :)
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Julian

Thanks for all the help so far. I have found that target="new" will
open a new tab for me with the new website showing (forgot to mention
that I am using Firefox for this).

When I open a second URL it replaces the first one in the "new" tab.
For example, if I open my photoblog as target="new" I get the photoblog
in a new tab. If I then open my gallery (which also includes
target="new") then my photoblog is replaced by my gallery in the 'new'
tab.

This could be because of my setup in preferences. Anyway, I can see
what is going on and thanks again for all the help. Some more
experimenting due, but it does what I want it to.

Regards

Neil