Re: [LUG] 64 bit computing

On Saturday 14 April 2007 18:30, Tony Sumner wrote:

> I have an AMD 64 3000+ (is that dual core?)

Not unless the model number has 'X2' in it.

> What doesn't work is Listen Again from the BBC, so I am still switching
> to Windows for that (RealPlayer 10).

Install the 'vlc' and 'mozilla-plugin-vlc' packages then the BBC Windows Media
streams will work in Firefox/Iceweasel, Konqueror and anything else that can
use Mozilla plugins (AFAIK all the BBC content is available as both
RealPlayer and Windows Media streams). No extra codecs or non-free software
required.

Regards,
David.

--