Re: [LUG] Command up upgrade from ubuntu to k/ed ubuntu was Re: Ubuntu, Kubuntu which to start with ?

On Wed, 2007-04-11 at 17:17 +0100, Paul Sutton wrote:
> Mark Brier (Lists) wrote:
> > Jonathan Roberts wrote:
> >
> >> sudo apt-get install kubuntu-desktop
> >>
> >> turns *buntu to kubuntu
> >>
> >> sudo apt-get install xubuntu-desktop
> >>
> >> turns *buntu to xubuntu...
> >>
> >> ...etc :D
> >>
> >> Hope that helps,
> >>

> > It's worth noting that it does not "turn it into something else" but
> > actually becomes both, i.e. installing kubuntu-desktop on an ubuntu
> > system would give you both ubuntu and kubuntu. In fact, on one of my
> > ubuntu systems I have both kubuntu-desktop and xubuntu-desktop
> > installed, giving me GNOME, KDE and XFCE.
> >

> Thanks,   i  thought it was something like that,  which is why i asked,
>
> Paul
>
> --
>

> Next meet - Thursday 12th April 2007, Paignton Rugby club, 19:00 - 22:30
>
> http://www.openoffice.org
> http://www.linux.org
>
> CHAT SERVICES
>
> http://www.serfer.co.uk - http://cgi.serfer.co.uk/ type #serfer then press login.
> PRFC CHAT ROOM - http://www.zleap.net/cgi-bin/irc.cgi
>
> Saturday 21st April 2007 - Devon Cup final - Paignton vs Torquay at Queens Park,
> Paignton, 3pm kick off.

Thanks to all who responded to my request about ubuntu and kubuntu etc.

One download later and a quick install followed by the apt get command
has left me with a clean kde desktop and you'll notice this is sent from
evolution.

How Nice.
Thanks to all. Will have a play and see if I can get my wireless card to
play once my adsl marker is activated on the line. Have already
downloaded ralink driver previously but will see what happens when all
connected up first.

Thanks also Kevin for the suse 10.2 disk which arrived this morning and
which will either go on another partition and my other hard disk so I
can compare the 2 side by side.

Ray