Re: [LUG] Linux Distributions

On Tue, Mar 27, 2007 at 06:23:43PM +0100, Ben Goodger wrote:
> Furthermore, the fact that sarge has gnome 2.8 does not mean that it
> has little going for it looks-wise: no bugger uses sarge on a desktop,
> and etch has gnome 2.14 and clearlooks (same as and better than
> respectively Ubuntu.)

Unless they care more about making sure the desktop won't require
upgrading often/at all than the fact that the version of Gnome that's
available is "only" 2.8. There are perfectly valid reasons for using
stable on a desktop, and perfectly valid reasons for not doing so.
"Prettiness" isn't a valid reason, as far as I'm concerned.

        bma

--
Benjamin A'Lee <bma@xxxxxxxxx>
http://bmalee.eu/~bma/