[LUG] Youtube content was Re: getgnulinux.org

james kilty wrote:

> For me as a newbie it is hard to sort out problems of display - note
> that youtube could be displayed using the following...

The current development release (0.4.3) of swfdec, and the mozilla
plugins for same, provide a completely free software way of viewing
Youtube flash movies, in firefox/iceweasel/mozilla browser, with no
fiddling.

The sound playback isn't yet perfect, excellent most of the time, but it
seems to glitch more often than I'd expect on this hardware. Certainly
more than when playing back native movie formats not embedded in flash.

It'll be everywhere in a few days, the development release was only last
week, hasn't even made "Experimental" yet. It might have done if I was a
bit cleverer :(