Re: [LUG] getgnulinux.org

Tom Brough wrote:
> Having followed this thread carefully, I think I would like to make
> several observations.
>
> 1. This debate is getting unhealthy. I was in a computer shop the other
> day picking up some wireless network cards (which I will come back to in
> a moment), and I was trying to encorage another customer to install
> MythTV as he was buying a new mother board to potentially install
> Windows Media Centre.  I suggested that this group was friendly and that
> a few people on the group had installed MythTV and would be willing to
> help. I left the shop, and left him to make his own mind up as to
> whether or not he wanted to join the group.

I have to agree with Tom here,   I am trying to encourage new users to
switch to Linux and free software,  join the lug and chatrooms etc,
however feel that arguments regarding distro based on how much free
software is actually in there,  is not helpful,  At the end of the day a
user wants a working system, if the solution is to use non free drivers
then so be it,   we just explain the difference,  and campaign to get
more free drivers.

Paul