[LUG] Moved fc6 hard drive to new system

Hi All,

Have a small problem in that I moved my old hard drive with Fedora Core 6 on to my brand new Dell Optiplex 745. Hard drive is a IDE 250 gig. But the machine is all SATA with no IDE option.  So I purchased a rosewell IDE to SATA Bridge adapter. This allows the hard drive to work fine. Only problem is that I cant seem to get fedora core to work.

I get the following….

Uncompressing Linux… Ok, booting the kernel

ACPI: Getting cpuindex for acpid 0x3

ACPI: Getting cpuindex for acpid 0x4

Red Hat nash version 5.1.19.0.2 starting

            Reading all physical volumes.  This may take a while..

            No Volume Groups Found

            Volume group “VolGroup00” not found

Unable to access resume device (/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol01)

Mount: could not find filesystem ‘/dev/root’

Setuproot: moving /dev failed: No such file or directory

Setuproot: error mounting /proc: No such file or directory

Setuproot: error mounting /sys: No such file or directory

Switchroot: mount failed: No such file or directory

Kernel panic – not syncing: Attempted to kill init!

Appreciate any help you can give…

Darren