Re: [LUG] Dell Running Linux Survey

On Friday 16 March 2007 07:47, David Brook wrote:

> The great thing is that Dell has also seen the writing on the wall and is
> clearly shifting it's image from that of MS recommendation only.
I wouldn't bet on it - the whole philosophy of these people is about 'owning
the market'.  You cant do that with Linux!
Remember with M$ you get to sell a dozen machines to be domain server/domain
backup/web server/database etc etc - when people find out you can do all this
on one machine ( oh and a backup) dell are gonna be in the poo!
Its probably more of an attempt to get M$ to bring down their prices.
Watch that space
Tom te tom te tom