[LUG] Macbook wireless

Hello

Following my horrified frustrations with Mac OS X (although admittedly this was probably due to my client's nasty Macbook with its plastic keys, god-awful trackpad and teeny monitor) I recommended with some relief that I should install Debian Testing for her. This was well-received since it allows the use of GNUCash which I hadn't been able to shoehorn into OS X; although she did email me using the word "lynx" repeatedly - afaik, lynx is already installed on her computer :)

Unfortunately, network-manager-gnome refuses to do much with the numerous wireless networks it detects. It just sits there.
Also, I cannot make frequency scaling work. It just sits on the maximum constantly.

Any clues?

--
Ben Goodger
#391382