[LUG] Servers and NAS

Hi Guys

Continuing on from a previous discussions and with Neil Stone in mind
(I will reply soon Neil!), I have just seen this project on
Sourceforge:
<http://www.freenas.org/>

It is not Linux but is there an equivalent. If not, has anybody got
any experience of this software please? The NAS boxes that are
available offer low maintenance and use but suffer from lack of
upgrade and software lock-in. So building a NAS box using old
equipment seems a very good idea.

Thanks.
--
Rich