Re: [LUG] Laptop recommendations

On Sat, 10 Feb 2007 16:32:11 +0000
Julian Hall <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Sounds like an idea, except I don't have bottomless pockets and Mac
> hardware tends to be very pricey for the same spec.

£749 from my other email.

> Review of my current one says it is 3.8Kg (8lbs in old money).

2.36kg for a MacBook.

Yes. 1500g lighter - that's 60% lighter.

> Lighter than that would be nice... of course that is likely to be
> sacrificing optical drives etc.

Includes a DVD-ROM/CD-RW combo drive!

60% lighter WITH optical drive AND long battery life - what more do you
want?

> > Few laptops can match the battery life of Mac hardware.
> >

> Fair enough.

I don't think you'll get the same spec with the same battery life and
weight for the price of the MacBook.

--

Neil Williams